This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Andy C
Daiwiskers wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm
Hi Andy

No the auto cut off when the tank is full

Check your pay at pump receipts as well they have been known for adding a few pence here and there
Gottcha now I understand. The only cars I ever brim are pool or hire cars from work - not too worried whether the pump cuts out or not as I am not paying !!
By singleminded
Make an official complaint to the Asda store management. Tell them what the staff at the payment point said to you. Lay it on thick - environmental crime, Asda's lack of responsible action when the fault has been reported previously etc.

Threaten them with reporting it to the council if they don't sort it out. Get them to put an out-of-use notice on the pump.

Be firm and get it off your chest!
By Exile
I just brim the tank. I'll get to use it anyway and who wants to do the job more times than necessary? Fuel prices have dropped considerably here in Denmark so I'm all topped up now, two cars plus Thumper. Even filled my reserve cans for the lawnmower and such.
Get it while it's cheap.
By Wheaters
When I rode two strokes petrol came in gallons and there was no such thing as self service! The attendant used to come out with an oil dispenser and set the correct "petroil" ratio for you. Only time you see one of those dispensers now is when Henry Cole restores one and makes a small fortune selling it as an antique. I'll soon have to admit to myself I'm getting on a bit.... :shock:
By trophyvase
The petroil mix to avoid was the stand-alone dispenser of ‘two-stroke’ oil that was squirted into the tank to be followed by petrol. You could never be sure what was in the dispenser or what quantity was injected into the tank. BP and Shell had more reliable two-stroke pumps on which you dialed-in the ‘correct’ ratio. It’s a wonder these commuter two-strokes ever got anyone to work!

We had a very obliging pump attendant in Shrewsbury. Who filled your vehicle up, wiped around the fuel cap, waved you into the road and sent you on your way with a ‘Thank you kind sir’!!!
By Wheaters
trophyvase wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am
The petroil mix to avoid was the stand-alone dispenser of ‘two-stroke’ oil that was squirted into the tank to be followed by petrol. You could never be sure what was in the dispenser or what quantity was injected into the tank. BP and Shell had more reliable two-stroke pumps on which you dialed-in the ‘correct’ ratio. It’s a wonder these commuter two-strokes ever got anyone to work!

We had a very obliging pump attendant in Shrewsbury. Who filled your vehicle up, wiped around the fuel cap, waved you into the road and sent you on your way with a ‘Thank you kind sir’!!!
Now you mention it, I remember that my nearest "Esso" garage, near the Denby Pottery factory had a dispenser in a red cabinet, where the attendant dialled up the required ratio then hand pumped it into the tank. They also used to sell me "Esso" branded crossply tyres for my first car (a Singer Gazelle MkVI) at a Tenner each! I think I was their only customer for crossplies back then. I got through them very regularly because I used to drive the car like my old BSA twin - "in slow, fast out" and it was a heavy old thing to be throwing around corners, albeit predicatble and it used to squeal the tyres quite nicely when I pushed it only a bit.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles