This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Duke of Wybourne.
Daiwiskers wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:11 pm
Runs as good as it looks

Beautiful bike a credit to you

Cheers Dai
I've watched it for nearly five decades, but it's not mine, sorry if I gave the inference. There will be bits and pieces of a KX that I once owned, and ashamed to say, broke up, found its way into it, so I suppose, one bike saved another. Mine was an 1140, which I got for nothing in 1970 while I was still at school, and my dad wouldn't let me take it when we made a long distance flit, so I managed to save the engine, gearbox and tank. The rest went for scrap. The bike in the picture has belonged two close friends for the past 60 odd years, and it has purposely left in the condition as you see it. The engine has had a lot of serious (period style) tuning work done on it,which included reworking the combustion chambers, which was quite difficult as the head and barrel are one piece, and it is surprisingly rapid. It's a weird old thing to ride. Lever throttle, and foot operated front brake. The forks and wheels are the same as used on some Broughs of similar period, and at one point in time, could have been sold for a greater price than the bike, which thankfully they didn't. I hope I get to go on it on its 100th birthday. :D

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles