This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Andy C
Splutter, cough......

Not my cup of darjeeling, but not knocking the time and effort that as gone into putting it together, clearly a lot of work has gone into it.

Front fork arrangement looks interesting.

I see that the cover on the 5 speed box had been stripped and polished - something I must get around to doing on mine.
By stinkwheel
You don't see many trailing link front ends about the place.

If I was going for an oddball fork configuration I'd probably go Earles, mainly because I have a soft-spot for old MZs but I suppose Britten showed thaHossack is probably the real way forwards .

I do like those Denfeld solo seats and I'd have one on my big bullet at the drop of a hat but I can't bring myself to actually pay for one. Wont have the same degree of sideways slop as a Lycette. You could even get a fully damped monoshock with preload adjustment made up for it.
By Count Johnny
Chaps

Front Forks: I've just stuck around 50 miles on him, today - on both A roads and bumpy and poorly maintained country lanes - and I have to say that they perform pretty well.

Seat: I bought this seat, about 20 years ago (so paid considerably less for it) but, IMO - if you're running rigid - it's the way to go.

Mikuni: It works and actually supports itself!

Gearbox: The Bullet Whisperer stripped the gearbox, stripped the paint, polished it all, and lobbed it back together again. Money well spent, IMO.
By Andy C
Johnny.

If you are happy with it then that's what matters, as I say very nice workmanship.

And that 5 speed box looks much better with the paint removed.

Big bore motor ?
By Daiwiskers
Been trying to keep out of this
But I have seen the bike in the flesh and I like it (it didn't have those forks fitted when I saw it)
I first saw the pictures and videos and have to admit that I thought it was a show pony
But it's not its a well used well engineered bike
How did I see it you ask? It was at Paul's during one of my many visits
Hat's off to the owner for having the ball's to do something different

Cheers all Dai
By Adrian
This has always been one of the better-engineered custom Bullets, though that engine and gearbox would also look nice in a Rickman-Metisse Mk3 chassis...

Breakfast was a farm shop sausage roll, nothing spat out.

If the forks are safe and functional, that'll do. Not my cup of tea, but at least some real originality has been gone into this.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles