This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Rushour
At our local REOC meeting last night there was lots of gossip about the 500 Bullet being phased out in 2 - 3 years, new models such as the Meteor, a new 250 and 350 Bullet. I find it incomprehensible to finish off the 500 Bullet but do agree with new smaller models - any thoughts ?
By Presto
I'm with you Rushour about smaller capacity bikes. Definite market in UK and an almost bottomless market I'd have thought in India for smaller sizes. I guess with the real success of the 650 twins and Himalayan we will see a range of new models before too long. That'll be vital if RE want to get into the top 5 makers - which we're told is their aim.
By Adrian
If RE (India) would perhaps understand that playing around with different paint jobs does not make a new model, "that would be great". Someone else can do the meme.

Of course the Bullet that started the whole thing was the 350, which has been their main product in volume terms ever since. I'd hope they'd come up with a version of the 350 that would be exportable to the West (the current UCE 350s have apparently been popular in Australia) if getting a 500 single through the latest load of eco-whatsit is prohibitively expensive. Still waiting to see a roadster based around the Himalayan engine.

A.
By Wheaters
I'd like to see a Himalayan with the 650 twin engine. That would make Triumph sit up and take notice!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles