This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By enfield_trials
In my view thats beauty of enfield/british bike you can fix it road side or anywhere you have some space. no need of fancy garage it just takes me to back good old days.. when our ancestor are fixing the those bikes ..

on serious note. i would love to see Paul building bobber... i like his work. ..

Regards
ET
By Adrian
I believe there would still be some cultural resistance to overcome!

A.
By Bullet Whisperer
Adrian wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:43 am
I believe there would still be some cultural resistance to overcome!

A.
Whether a bobber or lowrider, or something else, I am not sure, but I did contribute to the build of 'Slo Poke', a very low slung and long 612 cc machine. I took responsibility for the engine and wheels, mainly, as well as gritting my teeth [and getting my backside soaked at times] for possibly a total of a few hundred miles on it, in all.
Attachments
29.JPG
By Wheaters
I’ve never owned a two wheeler of any sort, motor or leg powered, that didn’t have mudguards. I was quietly smiling to myself on Sunday at one particular mountain biker at the cafe at Ladybower reservoir who had all the latest fashion clothing. He was strutting about, judging from his attitude to everyone around him he thought he was the coolest man on the planet. Except due to a lack of a mudguard on his bike, from behind he looked like he was suffering from a very severe case of toilet trouble.
By vince
Hi, serious Question , were the construction and use laws changed? as I seem to remember 70s cafe racers being prosecuted for skimpy front mudguards and noisy exhausts but now!!!!! Vince
By Adrian
Vince,

probably more police around then... Today's police might still pull you over for a loud 'zorst but I suspect the usual bobber styling "distinctives" are of less concern unless something is blatantly un-roadworthy.

Paul,

I think we're in danger of losing the joke!

A.
By Bullet Whisperer
Adrian wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Paul,

I think we're in danger of losing the joke!

A.
Joke - who's joking? I am almost ready to destroy - er, I mean create - another masterpiece. I have even 'Bobbed' the grinder and sledgehammer, for good measure, after all, if we can manage without 'guards ...
Attachments
022.JPG
By Wheaters
You could make two projects or more from that. Surely, the next logical step is a pair of mudguards with nothing in between.
By Priit
Paul par excellence, your build standards have not lowered one jot.

priit.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles