This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Andy C
All you need to do now is get the Hipster fraternity tuned into this particular model and you could sell hundreds of them :mrgreen:

I also like the environmentally friendly matting under the frame to soak up any leaked oil.
By Daiwiskers
Hear Paul I just realized you've got my cushion wet!
I do like the fact that you have put a bit of carpet on it to keep it clean
But you got it wet

Then again I do remember it getting wet once before!

That was a horrible day we should have video' that one

Cheers Dai
By Bullet Whisperer
Dai - I have a picture - you took it. Torrential rain, gears, grease and oil all over the place, I remember it well!
Attachments
101.JPG
By Wheaters
How did all those things come out of that little gearbox?
By Bullet Whisperer
Andy C wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm
All you need to do now is get the Hipster fraternity tuned into this particular model and you could sell hundreds of them :mrgreen:

I also like the environmentally friendly matting under the frame to soak up any leaked oil.
It could go into production soon and emissions regs won't ever be a problem, also guaranteed to never leak - what is there not to like?
By Daiwiskers
Wheaters wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm
How did all those things come out of that little gearbox?
There's lots of odd things in my engine / gearbox

I can't remember if that's the day we fitted the close ratio cogs

Or the day when the distributor circlip fell off

But I do remember it was a horrible wet day

Thanks again Paul you did a great job

Cheers Dai

It was a well worth taking that pic it shows a great summer day in Wales

And I rode it home after
By Daiwiskers
I feel I should point out that other people's bike's are treated better than asbo 30

Trust me if you take a bike to Paul it would be taken into the workshop and looked after

That was a social visit that went wrong and to get me home Paul worked for hours in the wet and cold

Yes of course I rode it the 50+ miles home

Cheer's all Dai

Looking at that pic we could have been in India in the monsoon season
By Bullet Whisperer
Thanks, Dai, for the positive comments!
What actually happened that day, was it started off nice and the workshop was quite full, so we got set up outside to fit the close ratio gears - you can just see the old gears and a 3 leg puller in the pic. Needless to say, someone 'up there' spotted us and decided everything needed a good wash, and boy did we get one!
Happy days!
Paul.
By Daiwiskers
Those close ratio gears are a great upgrade, it is a bit overgeared two up hill starts are interesting but once moving great

The big jump from 3rd to 4th has gone and now 3rd is a usable gear

Cheers Dai
By Daiwiskers
The over gearing issue is more pronounced on asbo 30 due to the bike being overgeared to start with

If your running standard gearing it's probably the best performance upgrade you could do for a 4 speed bike

Also remember when I say two up I run 11.5 stone and my lovely Ann is no lightweight either

Have the gallery's been in touch yet?

Cheers all Dai

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles