This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Bullet Whisperer
With the current trend to make 'Bobbers' out of just about any old motorbike, I decided to have a go.
Taking the 'Bobber' theme to extremes, here's one I made earlier. I went a few steps further and, as well as removing all the usual stuff, I also removed the engine, gearbox, wheels, forks, tank and seat etc. No wrap on the exhaust, as that has been removed too!

It has certainly given the whole machine a more 'rakish' look and vastly reduced the weight. You can't ride it, of course, but it is probably not alone in that respect and it is easy to move it around, but the best way to go 'Bar Hopping' with it would be to stick it in the boot of your car, I suppose...
Attachments
027.JPG
By Daiwiskers
Wow Paul that looks great
Want to make me something like that?
Cheers Dai
By Bullet Whisperer
Hello, Dai
The time and love that went into building it nearly finished me and I don't know if I would have the energy to build another. This one is, of course, absolutely priceless!
By Daiwiskers
How about using the spare forks for rear suspension on the next one
That would really get some looks outside the pub
Cheers Dai
PS get you showing off putting up pictures
By Doctor T
Am i missing something as i can only see a frame and a wheelbarrow with an engine in it?
By Wheaters
Removing stuff from a bike to make a "Bobber" and making it impractical in the process makes many "special" builders think they are suddenly worth far more money than a complete, standard bike in good nick.

So that one must be worth a fortune. In fact, if you remove the frame as well, you could ask anything you like for it!

I think I'll have a go at this myself; as an introductory offer I'll even gaffer tape a banana to the V5C for free..
By Bullet Whisperer
Wheaters, it is the way to go, I think. As these 'creations' become more absurd, I thought I would take the bobber trend as far as I thought possible. Also, it is very environmentally friendly, meeting all Euro emissions regs for centuries to come, it is quiet, will never leak oil or break down and people gather round and scratch their heads wherever I park it - ticks all the boxes I can think of ...
By Wheaters
Yes, ticks all the right boxes. If just a fusebox is left in place, it would satisfy those with the clean, green electric is the only way mentality.

It would never need charging, either.

Pushing the engine around in a wheelbarrow is a superb idea, helping stamp out obesity too.
Last edited by Wheaters on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Daiwiskers
It's a work of art
You should sell it to one of the big gallery's in London

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles