This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Bullet Whisperer
Wheaters wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 pm
You could make two projects or more from that. Surely, the next logical step is a pair of mudguards with nothing in between.
Hmm ... indeed. Right, then ...
By Daiwiskers
Bullet Whisperer wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm
Adrian wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Paul,

I think we're in danger of losing the joke!

A.
Joke - who's joking? I am almost ready to destroy - er, I mean create - another masterpiece. I have even 'Bobbed' the grinder and sledgehammer, for good measure, after all, if we can manage without 'guards ...
A very rare pic of the lesser spotted asbo 1

It's usually seen on video buzzing around the lanes of west Wales
Cheers all Dai
By Bullet Whisperer
Daiwiskers wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm

A very rare pic of the lesser spotted asbo 1

It's usually seen on video buzzing around the lanes of west Wales
Cheers all Dai
Oh no Dai, that is not number 1. The machine officially known and stamped as 001 is a 500 residing in Scotland. This is because for some reason, I never included the first half dozen or so 350's in the count and only started to do so after quite a few 500's were so named. The name was only thought up after a few tuned 500's were built, even our first 500 racer is not in the count. The first bike to be called 'Asbo' was actually a 500 I used to own, but this was tuned after No 1 and actually stamped as No2. The owner of No 1 wanted his machine in the count and it was retrospectively given that number, as it was the first 500 I tuned for a customer. It also seemed a little disappointing at first on the dyno, showing just under 26 BHP @ rear wheel, until we noticed it was kicking out over 58 lbs of torque !!
In reality, there are probably well over 40 'Asbo' type Bullets out there!
Attachments
R.E. [tuned] David Donaldson 004.jpg
By Daiwiskers
Now that is a nice torque curve well almost line!

Always thought that was no. 1

But it's still a rare pic of that bike

Wrong again Dai
By Adrian
There's even an ASBO (500 lean burn) Bullet in India, No. 13, the technique was "licenced " by B.W. a few years ago. :D

A.
By Bullet Whisperer
Adrian wrote:There's even an ASBO (500 lean burn) Bullet in India, No. 13, the technique was "licenced " by B.W. a few years ago. :D

A.
There is one in Germany, too - a C/O or G type 350, which I built the engine for. That is Asbo No 28, or the 'G-Whizz'.
Attachments
174.JPG
By Adrian
Still waiting to see the first ASBO'd Super Meteor, of course...

A.
By Daiwiskers
What engine is that in the first bobber pic?

Really must get something bigger than my phone to look at the pics

First I noticed the rocker box
Then the head
Then the oil filler

Is it a very early 350?

You can tell I'm no expert Dai

Edit
OK it's a G series 350 now I know
The answer was in Paul's post above

Sometimes I feel stupid

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles