This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By windmill john
Just saw this Woodsman on a Honda site; lovely.

Maybe in a couple of years I might change my mudguards and exhaust to this; I’d have to save first....
Attachments
A9A11CE8-CEB4-4814-A0EF-D0E76EED56D0.jpeg
A9A11CE8-CEB4-4814-A0EF-D0E76EED56D0.jpeg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
By Wheaters
That's very much like the look of my own 350, including a similar colour (but mine's Riviera red).
By Adrian
I think it was in the old customer's bikes section on the previous forum.

Seeing the 1956 version of the Woodsman inspired me to do this to my first Electra-X

A.

DSCN2089.JPG
By Adrian
There is something about the Woodsman exhaust, it's just a shame that some of our hosts' offerings make such a naff job joining the exhaust port stub onto the main pipe. I think some of the more recent ones have a smoother transition.

I think I'd be a bit concerned about the weight of that longer silencer on there too, the standard 350 Indian shorty will go straight on and not be too loud.

A.
By Wheaters
Actually, my bike came with an Indian home market silencer, which weighs half a ton and restricts the engine.

Now I've done the Edinburgh Trial (well, in truth, failed to get much of it done) I might fit the reverse cone megaphone, which is even lighter, or the Goldie.
By Adrian
John,

I don't know if our hosts' silencer is louder or quieter than the 350 Indian shorty, what I am concerned about is the extra weight of of Mr H's silencer, particularly with it being that far back, the effects of vibration, etc.

Wheaters,

I assume you're going back to a low-level pipe for a Goldie loudener, if not there is a mini Gold Star silencer available which looks OK on a Woodsman pipe, though I think you'd have to look beyond our hosts' lists to find it. I have used one, it's a bit on the fruity side but not too bad.

A.

A.
By Wheaters
My Goldie is full size and empty so it isn't much less noisy than the megaphone - the mega is much lighter, too.

Just remembered that the OE low pipe has the 1. 3/4" OD adapter welded on the end, the present Woodsman pipe is 1. 1/2" so might just keep it as is. I'm certainly not buying any more silencers for this bike - there's four in my garage already - plus one which is a universal "shortie" chrome muffler...now there's an idea.....

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles