This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Charlie bob
Hello all not been on for a bit but here goes on my Enfield B5 euro4. Put on free flow down pipe l have not notice any difference between standard except all the chrome is dissapering going gold colour nearly down to bottom bend should l leave it as is or put standard pipe back on it has Goldstar silencer and the air injection delete kit fitted cheers all ps it still will not go past 75 mph
By PeteF
I THINK the original pipe is double wall which is why it didn't blue. (willing to be corrected)
If you want to go above 75 I think you'll be needing a power commander.
I find the realistic cruising speed to be 55mph and 75 is about flat out.
I do find it curious when folks buy a bike with (say )20HP then spend lots of pennies on trying to make it more powerful.
Ah well, each to their own - twas always thus.
By sofiaspin
I put hosts 50s pipe on my euro 4 and K&N filter - and it completely wrecked the engine management system andit stopped running after a while. A power commander fixed it. I lost the weight of the standard silencer but gained lots of problems and costs by getting rid of it. It now runs fine and 80mph on a downhill is the max. Others have different experiences. I am happy with my bike but these euor 4 machines are much more sensitive to the common exhaust and filter changes.
By PeteF
Yes Sofiaspin, that's why my Euro 4 exhaust and filter is staying as it is.
I did gear it up 2 teeth on the front sprocket which has made it a more relaxed ride.
Still pulls away at tickover but doesn't seem to have effected top speed (not that I use top speed much)
By knapdog
I also thought about the new uk downpipe but I'm sticking with just the Goldstar silencer.
Love the sound and there is a big difference in weight compared to standard silencer.
Btw I'm getting 91 mpg.
By Charlie bob
Thanks for your replies bike runs with no problems standard ecu works just fine it was only the bluing l could put standard pipe back maybe one day l have fitted the air injection delete kit so there is no popping. just one last thing l found that our host Goldstar silencer was just a bit loud at 55 so l wrapped baffle with fibreglass and it has no effect on performance but just takes the edge off the sound thought l would just let you know cheers for now

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles