This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Victor m
Hello I'm a new member, victor, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help with the problem I have.
It all started on my 2016 C5 when the fuel pipe sprang a leak. I replaced the pipe and in doing so I removed the battery to get more access, all was well till I turned the key and she started up . Now after a few seconds the mill light comes back on and the bike runs rough, with my limited knowledge I checked connections and even got a new battery, that made no difference, the strange thing was that it ran perfectly normally for one day, mill light stayed out, but now it's playing up again. I would be grateful for any advice or pointers thanks.
By stinkwheel
On older bullets, there is a frame earth behind the battery box, a ring terminal trapped under the bolt that holds the battery "shelf" on. Don't know if your model is similar but if it is and it is now making poor contact, that could cause all manner of odd electrical faults. They are prone to corrosion on the older ones often need a clean up with some emery paper then a silicone grease/vaseline up after to stop it happening again.
By Victor m
I managed to sort it out, took all weekend tho, it seems in changing the fuel tubing I must have disturbed the lead and plug connecting the throttle position sensor, it looked like it was plugged in but no, it was just hanging there, barely making contact, I plugged it back on and all is well now, no codes or mill light.
Thank you for the advice tho, all knowledge about theses great bikes is a good thing.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles