This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By p11andy
hello folks , I've got an oil leak on my cylinder head , it looks like the plug is spurting oil out but that can't be right so I'm assuming a cracked cylinder head ?? ive only had the bike 6months or so , so am still getting used to her , maintenance wise .
could you have a look at the photos and give opinions ??
many thanks
andy
Attachments
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
By stinkwheel
When you look closely at your picture, it looks like there is a bit of a lip on the area where the sparkplug plug sealing washer seats. In the 6 o' clock position when you look at the picture right way up.

It might be preventing the washer sealing leading to a little fuel working its way up the plug threads and misting out (by which time it's sooty). Usually oil leaks are a little browner and tend to spread out more.

If it was me I'd take the plug out, block the hole with a bung of some sort to stop swarf going down it and very carefully burr away that lip before giving it a thorough clean, removing the bung and fitting a new plug. A blob of blu-tak is handy for removing every last bit of swarf in the absence of an airline.
Attachments
IMG_0753a.JPG

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles