This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Splitpin
Hi .have b5 efi 15 plate bullet 500.
Need to adjust fuel mix ,new to re,s where do i find the v c i to connect the laptop to.
Thanks
By Haggis
There's a connector beside the ECU that dealers can connect RE DOL diagnostics hardware. It's not a normal OBD connection. Even if you could access the ICU I don't think you can rewrite anything. There a few piggyback systems like PCV and others that let you adjust fuel and ignition curves. I have a PCV.
By Splitpin
Cheers haggis ,am trying to stop the engine surging ,it will even out when bistarter / choke opened so thinks needs to be ritcher,what say you
By Boxerman
The bistarter / choke allows more air into the intake, not more fuel. The tickover speed on the efi models is faster than the carb ones, about 1000 rpm and they don't like to tick over slowly.
Like Haggis says, unless you have one of the ecu piggyback modules, you cannot adjust the mixture, just the tickover speed using the big brass screw on top of the throttle body - NOT the butterfly.

Frank
By Haggis
Yep, the cold start lever opens up an extra air passage in the throttle body allowing more air in at tickover speed.
When are you experiencing the surging that is bothering you?
By Splitpin
Surging occurs when crusing more noticable around 50 to 60.throttle open/closed ok. just happens when holding speed

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles