This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mark gardner
Slappy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 am
hunter wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 am
Blown - that looks really nice.

Did you do the work on the swinging arm?

Looking to get mine extended as i currently run with the arm relocated - are you uk based?

Good morning Hunter

By an chance can you remember what make of seat you are using, I quite like the look of that one looks a bit more comfortable than most of the single seats

Slappy
Hunter
Wow , that bike looks fantastic , exactly what I am trying to achieve , any posts or links you have regarding the process much appreciated , have you shortened the forks as well , my list gets longer and longer
Mark 07957383791
By curlkulot
id also like to extend my royal enfield classic 500 stealth black like yours but I want to cut and extend the swing arm of mine.
Id like to know how much did u extend yours in inches?
By Gunnar
Hi all. I had on my classic 500 MY-2010 an extended rear swing. It was extended by approx 2-3 inches. The original purpose was to be able to install a fatter rear tyre, in this case 140/90 on a 15 inch rim. This tyre dimension made it a perfect match to the front wheel in size (19/90 - 19). I also had a customized wider rear mudguard complete with mudguard carriers to fit the new configuration. A wider handle bar and a lower saddle made it "bobber-ish".

This was the configuration when I bought the bike but I got all the original parts as well. The extension made the wider rear tyre fit inside the swing but unfortunately they didn´t consider the chain; the chain line was a few mm inside of the tyre side wall, making the chain chafe against the tyre.
Even if it looked good, it was of course unacceptable so I changed to 130/90 on the same 15 inch rim. Now everything worked properly, but the rear wheel got a bit too small compared to the front wheel accoding to me. And it also affected the head light, now pointing up too much.
I experimented with different shock absorbers and also put a 130/70 on the standard 18 inch rim. Now everything was basically OK, but I then saw that the rear swing was just slightly skew. That did it for me: I went back to the original setting and that´s how I ride today. I do plan however to adjust the rear swing to be able to put it back at some point in time.

I have to reluctantly admit that the bike is much nicer to ride in the current original configuration. ;)

Attached is a picture how it looked with the 140 mm wide rear tyre and 15 inch rim.

/Gunnar
Attachments
IMG_20110612_181012.JPG
IMG_20110612_181012.JPG (3.5 MiB) Viewed 957 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles