This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By w8tfi
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for information about what kind of battery was using in the 1947 Flying Flea, as I will more-than-likely build something that will work and can be recharged. because it was a 6 Volt system this is what I will have to build.
Thanks for any and all help.
Brian
By vince
Hi, the electrical system had no battery the lights only work when engine is running . There was however a 3v dry cell non rechargeable torch type battery in the headlamp for a parking light which was a uk law requirement. Vince
By w8tfi
Vince,
Thank you for the reply, well that is why it isn't shown on the wiring diagram. I guess I will have to figure out how that was wired into the system.
Again Thank for the help.
God Bless
Brian
By vince
Hi, the 3v battery is wired to the parking light via the light switch but is totally separate from the main lighting system. Vince
By w8tfi
Thank you Vince,
For the information, after looking at my switch,i found that there are some missing connections and it looks like I can only run the running light and the head lamp, running light lamp in DIM and running lamp and head lamp in FULL. That's O.K. because it will let me have some lighting.
Aganing BIG thanks for all your help.
God Bless
Brian

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles