This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Lou E
I have an orange crush which is leaning over more with use' The stand moves up and down from its pivot point. Soft frame lug? Soft pin? Anybody else run into this? Why not a locking stand? Helps when parking downhill and the stand has a cutout switch to prevent getting into gear with the stand down!
By Leon Novello
I `m not sure about your bike`s set up, but if the pivot area is welded to the frame, I would have a close look to see if it is welded and the weld is coming apart somewhere.
Also check if there is bending on the stand leg that might need re-enforcing.
Apart from that, I know nothing.
By Adrian
That's a little worrying, hopefully not like my late father's 350 Moto Morini Strada. ISTRC that the frame tube where the sidestand lug was welded actually twisted! Centre stand only from then on.

A.
By Lou E
Thanks for the replies, the stand is not bending, so I guess its time for a forensic teardown, before it ends up on its side again! Thanks to hitchcocks for the forum, and the .1065 needle jet they sent me for my other RE, a 1966 series 1 single carb interceptor. The alcohol infested gasoline here in USSA runs everyone lean, and on fuel injected vehicles, I have found that a little diesel fuel or Marvel Mystery Oil or Seafoam will lubricate the injection pump and greatly enhance its life...

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles