This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
For a late model 500 classic engine bullet with a 4-terminal ignition switch in the casquette.

After pushing my bike a mile along the side of a dual carriageway then waiting about in the sun for recovery, only to discover it was an ignition switch failure (remedied by disconnecting it). I was wondering if anyone had found a good quality alternative to the Indian items that will fit in the casquette? I thought the thing seemed pretty flimsy when I fitted it but I assumed it would fail open, not fail closed.
I assume you want a key-switch, not a simple on-off switch. In the latter case however an older-style Lucas copy Indian lighting switch would do, it would actually **look** the part and fit right in there. For added security you could have a hidden key switch tucked away somewhere. Or just fit the hidden key switch and use the light switch to plug the hole more decorously than a grommet.

A.
I was really after more of a key switch. While the thought of some thief hurting themselves badly trying to start a 612 in trainers does have its appeal, they'd probably drop it and I spent a lot on the paintwork.

I've got an "emergency" kill switch on one of the toolboxes, it's one of the type they fit to boats with a "pull to eject" tag attached in place of the dead-mans cord. I fitted that because the ignition switch seemed ropy and I assumed if it was going to fail, it would do so with the engine stuck on, not off.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles