This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Wheaters
Yes, maybe a trip to the "Yondermann" Cafe and a route somewhere around the surrounding area would fit the bill!
By AndrewA
Riser bars and softer rear shock absorber springs fitted today on the Conti GT.

All gone well, love the more upright riding position and the softer springs make such a massive difference.

Only issue, cabling to right hand side of the bars is way to tight on full lock for my liking, going to post a separate thread for some help.
Attachments
3215DF18-387A-48A5-B04C-A8BE3E7F4DEE.jpeg
7BA4FC4A-FC5B-47D4-8939-55037FDB5C30.jpeg
00129434-B8EF-42BA-8E5E-21CB65F9E17F.jpeg
By sofiaspin
Judging from the pictures, its not the cables its the width of yer bars - my post mentioned LSL bars - you need narrower bars.
By Wheaters
Andy, have you checked the Bullet catalogue for longer cables? H's do list them for some setups.

Looks good, btw! The rear springs look classy.
By AndrewA
The bars were ones that Hitchcocks said would fit, I checked with them before purchase.

Strange thing is the left hand side is fine.
By sofiaspin
It is odd if Hitchcocks say they fit - if they say that they should. They have a higher rise than mine and an inch or so can make a real difference, plus the angle of the bars. A bit of tweaking on control position and angle might sort the problem.
Conti 535 bars.jpg
By AndrewA
It is just the electrical cables that are really stretched on full lock Adrian.

It does feel like the sweep is the issue Sophiaspin, I have emailed HCs today for their thoughts, but will have a fiddle with the angle before work this morning I think.
Attachments
Bars.jpg
By AndrewA
All sorted!

I popped the tank up, separated the choke cable from the others and then lifted them up over the rubber tank mounts and hey presto sufficient cable for full lock!

Thanks for your advice and guidance guys, and Paul hope to see you soon.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles