This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By trisaki
Hi bullet 500 2016 efi , as you pull away it does, not enough to stall but enough to throw you forward , can with a bit of throttle juggling get past it but very annoying , only just started doing this after 2000 miles , any ideas
By trisaki
Should of read before posting , should say it dies, not it does ,
By trisaki
Another point , I've got zero tappet clearence , is there suppose to be clearence ? if so how do you adjust as I was expecting a locknut and screw arrange ment but all I have is a sturdy block of metal with 3 bolts in ,
By Trev
Hi friend from another forum :D

The efi have hydraulic tappets (yes, I know, shock, horror, Enfield more advanced than other marques) so no need for clearance checking or adjustment.

In my experience (mine is one of the first UCE a 2008) the efi is less than sophisticated and can be prone to causing stalling when not 100% warmed up.
Also, not sure whether I imagine this, but seems to run worse when oil needs changing, not sure why, maybe the tolerances means the oil is more important in compression, etc as that might explain why the oil seems as knackered after 2- 3k from the Enfield as it does 12k + from my other bikes? It's the only bike I've ever owned where I can notice a genuine difference on new oil (I always to filter & mesh strainer at the same time), it's smoother, quieter and less prone to efi 'hiccups'.

Having said that, it could be just mine or my imagination, Enfields do that to you :?
By trisaki
Thanks for the reply, so with hydraulic tappets you dont have any clearance on tdc , , maybe a oil change will help then , what oil do you use
By trisaki
Oil changed , found petrol tank vent hose blocked so cut a bit off the end so now clear and on unscrewing spark plug cap found no real connection , so cut lead back a touch and now the cap screws into fresh copper , , will ride another day to see if any difference
By trisaki
Still awful to ride , never knowing when it would cut out /chime back in again so took to dealer as it's still under warranty , turns out they think it's the throttle body , back order ! , doing head and base gasket at the same time , but dont know when

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles