This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By black fingernail
This morning, I set off to drop the bike off at the MOT garage on the way to work, I live at the top of a very long, winding steep hill, I got to the bottom ok, all was going well until I changed down approaching a set of lights. Luckily, I glanced at the ammeter just before it cut out, it's needle was right over to the right, I checked the fuse, blown, I changed it, it started straight up, but as soon as it revved up a bit, blown fuse again. I did have a bit of a Fawlty Towers rant, but people began to stare, so I pulled myself together and set off back home.
I went through a few more fuses gently chugging back up the hill, and I got it home, thankfully!
Unfortunately, I had to go to work so I haven't yet had chance to investigate.
When I got the bike I was told it had a new reg/rec, and indeed it does look new, but I am growing a bit cynical as to what was allegedly recently done ( badly).
All suggestions gratefully accepted, I'll get the meter out tomorrow evening and see what I can find.
By Adrian
I suspect a wiring fault is short-circuiting somewhere. The original loom might have some brittle wires in it by now.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles