This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
The new harness OUGHT to have everything you need with the terminals/connectors attached. Where you may run into bother is with the parts that connect to it. So the sub-looms from instrument lights/charging system etc.

I'd say a supply of male and female bullet connectors with the appropriate silicone sleeves and the correct crimping die are invaluable when doing any sort of motorcycle wiring. Our hosts do some lovely 3mm brass ones but they work out at 96p for one set (male and femal and a pair of sleeves).

I use 3.9mm tin-plates Japanese ones which I buy in bags of 50. I cannot stress strongly enough how important the correct crimping die is for these. You can buy a "Japanese motorcycle terminal kit" elsewhere on the web which has a selection of bullet terminals with insulation along with a few rings/spades and twin bullet connectors and a crimping tool which is a good starting base and can be topped up as you use things.

In terms of spare cable. You may find you can re-use odd parts of the old loom if you need a wire here and there. These days, I buy a length of multi-core cable and strip the insulation off it which gives me a selection of colours. The more cores, the more different colours you get in it and it works out much more cost-effective than buying individual lengths of specific colours. My latest build, I used 8-core cable which actually made up the bulk of my homemade loom as-is.
By stinkwheel
Oh yeah. Also a small can of dielectric silicone grease spray. I squirt this onto/into all my connectors before assembly to ease the connection and to protect against corrosion. Use it on any electrical parts except the points.
By Adrian
Stinkwheel has nailed it as far as general bits are concerned. Might be an idea to wait and see exactly what your supplier has sent you and how closely it lines up with the the diagram in the service manual before you start buying loads of stuff.

Assuming it's for an electric start model with points ignition and AC lighting for the headlight you shouldn't have to order too much in addition, though I'm not sure that the 4 speed models have neutral light indicators.

A.
By Wheaters
Adrian wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Assuming it's for an electric start model with points ignition and AC lighting for the headlight you shouldn't have to order too much in addition, though I'm not sure that the 4 speed models have neutral light indicators.
A.
My year 2004, 350 Bullet Electra (4 speed, kickstart only, electronic ignition on the left side of the crankshaft) has a neutral light.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles