This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Adrian
All of my Redditch-framed stuff has Indian side stands, one of my bikes is in a Super Meteor frame, but as far as I can tell the Bullet frames of that period are the same as the twins, except for an extra top-tube lug on the later twins for the head-steady.

Here is an old picture from the build showing the Samrat sidestand mount with a slightly longer 3/8" through stud as well as the longer Indian hex footrest bar, not sure whether this would clear your l/h exhaust pipe or not. Indian centre stand also shown.

A.

Attachments
DSCN6079.JPG
By weedsy
Thanks for that, Adrian - I think from your photo that neither the centre stand nor the Samrat sidestand will fit correctly with the exhaust system in place . . . .
IMG_0266.jpg
The bolt you can just see between the top of the exhaust pipe and the brake lever is the one that would fix the Samrat, so definitely "no go", and the centre stand with the add-on foot will never go fully retracted with the exhaust box there.
I've seen lots of pix of twins with this exhaust setup, so it must have been done at some time - maybe Hitchcocks can shed some light here - the only way I can see at the moment of having any fun at all on left-handers is to fit a siamesed-pipe setup; then I can leave the foot as modded, and throw away the homebrew sidestand and fit a Samrat or original "witches' hat" type. And if none of that works, then being LH exhaust-free, I can always fit a chair . . . . except I'm in France - dammit, even the joke solutions won't work.
I'll let you know how I get on . . . . . getting better, only one photo this time - but upside down. A click to enlarge and it emerges the right way up - ah, the joys of computers.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles