This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Creaky45
I agree Leon. The slipper clutch could be the problem and I am not too worried as I have heaps of warranty left. The problem is that unless the dealer can make it happen they are not going to pull things apart and I understand that. I think it's getting worse so I will maybe leave it with them for a while. It's doing my head in and I would rather ride my old Bullet where the clutch is perfect. I may have to wait till it breaks completely. Will be easy to fix then. Thanks for all your replies.
By MartinB
Why a slipper clutch on a bike like these? Euro regs I presume? That's progress! My Interceptor is currently in for its first service. Can't wait for its return so I can complete running in and put some miles on it before winter returns.
By sofiaspin
It is disappointing and sorry for your hassles. Early teething and gremlins. I was interested in one but I am trying to break in my 2016 Conti GT 535 which has only 1200 miles on it. Must say, I am very impressed with the turn of speed and torque of the big single.
By Duffbeersurf
Hey man, did you every get any nearer to solving this issue? I have exactly the same issue. It's worse for me when the clutch cable is looser and then not disengaging as much as it should. It's driving me mad also.
By marog51
I've had my Interceptor for 4 weeks and 1400 miles and it has the same problem...intermittent 'grating' when pulling in the clutch on downshift. Has anyone had any luck in finding the cause? Thanks
By RocketRR
Phew at least my Himalayan only had a dodgy switch which was an easy fix and has been good since and that's riding every day to work. Glad it was good in the rain today... torrential lol.
Anyway back on topic I think I read something about the slipper clutch failing in the Indian market so may be worth a Google on the Indian forums as they can be very hard on issues they encounter.
Still love my Himalayan though as I guess 650 boys do also their steeds whatever :D
By DanielJub
OK - its all installed and the clutch is bled. The clutch operates flawlessly now, but the pedal never reaches the cruise control switch - misses it by 1/4" - so unless I increase the size of the plastic bump on the pedal arm - no cruise control. Any thoughts?
By Cranky
If the clutch adjustment starts to increase all on its own then the clutch hub is coming loose 100%.

This will need immediate attention. Now im not trying to start a panic but if I understand the Op properly.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles