This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By clipper132
Hello everyone,
I decided to fit Turning indicators to my bike. During the rebuild I converted from 6V to 12V and left it as 'Positive Earth with a new 12Volt Lucas Alternator and a Lucas Voltage Regulator/Rectifier. I fitted the turning lights which had 12V 10W incandescent bulbs and a mechanical two pin Flasher unit. The problem is it flashes approx. once every 3 seconds! I have tried other flashing units without not much change.
I am looking at converting to LED bulbs with an electronic adjustable flasher. According to the information I have found out, in order to convert to LED with the adjustable electronic flasher I am going to have to convert from POSITIVE EARTH to NEGATIVE EARTH.
My question is, What parts of the electric components do I have to re wire? I am aware that the output of the Reg/Rectifier will have to be rewired for Negative earth and the fuse will be connected to the Positive side of the battery and the battery terminals reversed. Is there any considerations I should be aware of?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks Stuart.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles