This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mike A
Well looks like finally have gotten to the bottom of this problem.
Issue was a dodgy connection from fast idle cable connection to the throttle body. Was either not connected properly from PDI or may have been knocked during delivery....
Whilst in for other work this was fitted correctly and touch wood, not tempting fate the bike has now done 200 miles without a violent stall and subsequent MIL illumination. Thats with the air filter venturi fitted and aftermarket pipe also!!
The thinking from MotoGB and dealer is that by not being sealed correctly excess air is entering the throttle body and throwing ECU out....
Hopefully wont need to splash out on a PC5 or carb conversion now.....
Thanks for all the help and advice hopefully it is this simple fix....we shall see....
By Trev
Mike, good to see you have this sorted and thanks for posting the updates, undoubtedly will be of use to someone else later on. Keep enjoying the bike
By Chris H.
For the record, I have 2 Euro 4 bikes with open pipes and no issues at all. The Euro4 ECU is more sophisticated than the Euro3 and can adjust to changes better than the Euro3. e.g. Euro3s backfire on overrun unless the air deletion kit is fitted, Euro4 sensor adjusts fueling automatically to stop this happening.

Also from reading many forums / Facebook articles, most people find the PowerCommander a waste of money as the performance increase is tiny unless it is accompanied with bigger valves 610cc upgrade etc.
By Haggis
I would not say the PCV is a waste of money as still lets you add or remove fuel as you require plus advance or retard the ignition plus increase the rev limiter should you so desire.
You are able to accommodate any tuning mods you care to fit.
By Mike A
TBH wasn't really looking to increase power, just to get rid of the hideous standard silencer. I now have a bike that everytime I look at it I grin. And the sound is just what I want....no need for extra horses have my modern Yamaha commuter for the speed fix...once again thanks for everyone's comments and special thanks to Nick from Haywards in Cambridge....top guy and a top place

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles