This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Does anyone have any problems seeing the oil level on the disptick? - mine is the round variety with the two marks for high and low ad I can never quite make out the oil level.

Simple solution - and that was to replace the round stick with one made from a piece of steel strip about 3mm wide X 0.8mm thick marked with the high / low marks copied from the round stick.

No problem seeing the oil level with this type of stick, in fact I can now see that I have over filled it :|

The 3mm x 0.8mm steel was from a piece that has been coiled up in the garage for years - thought it would come in useful one day/
By stinkwheel
I made a new, longer round one from a bit of bright bar because I had a local guy make me a filler extension. I sorted out the level marks by sticking it on a steel block and forcefully applying a fine adjusting tool until the area between the marks was flattened slightly. I then scored the marks into the flat with a hacksaw and gave that area a rub over with some relatively course emery paper so it had a slightly textured surface. Looks the part.

I can't visalise how the flat bar is attached to the filler cap? Mine was screwed into a female thread in the underside of the filler cap, hence the rigmarole, is your different?
By Andy C
My bike has our hosts breather kit which has the extended filler so may be different from yours.

The dipstick is simply attached to the cap by way of a small bracket fitting which is an attachment to the underside of the cap.

Dipstick goes through the hole in the bracket on the underside of the cap and is then bent around on itself to stop it falling off.

I tried abrading the standard stick and making marks in it but still had difficulty reading it - especially with clean oil, the flat strip is much better.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles