This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Cranky
You not checked out the capacitor on the charge neg to pos????

I mentioned it before. If not its your regulator. Its all been written here.
By RocketRR
Hi Cranky where is this capacitor on the Himalayan as it drives me mad ..... worried now every day it's going to start in the cold weather.
By Haggis
Its hardwired in between the live and earth from the R/R.
Think its only function is to smooth out the charging current.?
Its not there on earlier models with the same electrics.
Just cut it out.
Image[/url]
By Haggis
No, you still have a charge as there is no faults with the positive or earth wires or the R/R.
The capacitor is wired across these two wires, if it failed open you would never know as you would then have the same system as previous bikes that don't have a capacitor.
If it fails by shorting or electrical leakage it will drain your battery.
By Cranky
If you ever fit you battery wrong way round or even just flashed it this capacitor will blow out. It does'nt do anything well not if you don't include let you battery down. Sometimes I wonder why manufacturers build in this stuff.
By ex-xt
Hello guys
I am afraid i have the same issue on my himmie :mrgreen: . 16000 km running nice .
the yuasa is the second battery i had bought for a big ride .... not done, covid matter :cry: .
It was supposed to prevent problems .
Here is the situation
The bike was not starting easily . I went to the dealer ( 100 + km) for the " breaks " visit asked by RE. OK
Went back .
after that ( coincidence ? ) major batteries issues started .
Chargigr up to 12.4 starting once then no
several times - low amp charger .
I had tested the linkage
- with the n)1 fuse 4,5 mA
-without 1,2
so maybe the capacitor burned out as i had tried once to link the battery to my car .... :oops:
I had tried also to choke it ( push) , running quite easy, charging around 14,1 V .
what about this :arrow: capacitor ?
Should i change it ? remove it ? Is thre an easy way to test it ?
thank you
By RocketRR
I am following Haggis's advice and throwing it away.

I agree see no need for it.
By ex-xt
hi guys
After a check also with my pal's bike , here in France this very start is NOT on the bike.
After waiting abbit :mrgreen: ; i bought a SKYRICH LIthium one .
Working nice for the moment, 2 days around zero, still 12,6 V in the morning .
Anyway the best thing to do is to unwire the battery, as there is 4,2 mA going away .... all the time .

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles