This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By RocketRR
Yes absolutely I have found this too but can't see where that 4.2ma goes even after disconnecting loads of parts of the loom.
By Doug Brown
So I take the bike to the dealer for the 300 mile service and to check out the discharge problem . They said the current draw was normal . Went out to start the bike , totally flat battery. So flat that it trashed the battery. So they replaced it and tried again . I also got charged for my first service , even though in the manual it says its free !
I really hoped for more. I thought maybe , just maybe my expectations of how bad dealer's are could be disproved. Nope :roll:
If I sort it myself I risk null and voiding my warranty. The only other way is insist I get a refund as the bikes not fit for purpose .
Really depressing :(
By RocketRR
Doug you can work on the bike without warranty issues as they would have to prove what you did had affected the failed part. You can service the bike as well as long as you use the correct parts and keep receipts etc as you are following the correct schedule.

It's like saying you fitted a new rack and they invalidate the brake recall under warranty... work that out in court lol.
The Himmy is an awesome bike as many on here know but without doubt first accessory is an iridium battery.

I still can't find my battery drain including looking for this illusive capacitor which it looks like the Himmy doesn't have on the rectifier regulator. Just use it every day not an issue :)
By Doug Brown
So after the ride back from the dealers I laid the bike up for a day of rain . Two days after riding back from the dealers I used it for work . I have a ctek battery monitor fitted and it was blinking red , got the multimeter on it 12.11 volts , not good .
Walked outside my house at 5.45 a.m. , a severe frost and -1 degrees temperature. I thought " not a chance " . Turned the key and mashed the start button, several rotations of the engine and it started :shock: . I think this bike wants to stay don't you . 🤔 More instalments of Rudi the himalayan to follow :ugeek:
By Haggis
RocketRR wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:49 pm
I still can't find my battery drain including looking for this illusive capacitor which it looks like the Himmy doesn't have on the rectifier regulator. Just use it every day not an issue :)
Looks like it is built into the R/R unit.
By stephg036
Haggis wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:09 am
No need to guess. Next time you are going to leave the meilleurs credits travaux the bike for a few days just disconnect the battery. Reconnect when you return and if it's flat you have a battery fault , if it's good then you can start to investigate if your R/R is faulty.
Do you mean the felt washer?
By jawa-enfield
Doug Brown wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:04 pm
So after the ride back from the dealers I laid the bike up for a day of rain . Two days after riding back from the dealers I used it for work . I have a ctek battery monitor fitted and it was blinking red , got the multimeter on it 12.11 volts , not good .
Walked outside my house at 5.45 a.m. , a severe frost and -1 degrees temperature. I thought " not a chance " . Turned the key and mashed the start button, several rotations of the engine and it started :shock: . I think this bike wants to stay don't you . 🤔 More instalments of Rudi the himalayan to follow :ugeek:
What does your multimeter say when you have replaced it's battery's? Serious tip!
By windmill john
.03 amps sounds okay to me, but just seen this diagram:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sn8rdb ... 85K4F/view

On your own head, just covering myself, is it worth disconnecting the black wire from the R/R to test? Of course the issue might be through the ground terminal, I don't know the bike.
By RocketRR
I think its just a feature of the R/R unit if you leave it connected battery slowly drains, disconnect the red connector no drain so that's what I do now.
The R/R tests fine across diodes and charge so I guess it's just a poop design!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles