This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Treps
I am also having the dead battery problem after 4 or 5 days not riding

@stinkwheel - can I ask what do you mean by connecting a multimeter 'in series on the positive'? Thanks
By Rattlebattle
He means disconnect the positive lead from the battery, connect the positive probe lead of the multimeter to the wiring harness positive (ie the end of the wire just removed from the battery) and the negative multimeter lead to the positive battery terminal. What you are doing is establishing how much current ( in mullíamos) is flowing from the battery when nothing is switched on. It shouldn’t be more than a 3 or 4 milliamps.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Treps wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:43 pm
I am also having the dead battery problem after 4 or 5 days not riding

This is not uncommon. I've put an isolator switch on the earth and that has resolved the problem. When I checked for current drain, I found it was greater if , as I usually do, my bike was left in first gear when parked. I honestly couldn't be bothered with the palava of spending hours looking for a "problem". Last time I looked, there were a few YouTube clips of folk moaning about the same issue, and apparently some say a Lithium battery helps. The original battery in mine failed after 6 months, so it got a Lithium replacement. Personally I think the battery should be higher capacity for an adventure bike, and if I was going off grid with mine, there's enough space to mount an "auxiliary" boxed battery between the right hand pannier frame and the rear bike frame in a tidy fashion , and use the current battery compartment, which looks like an afterthought, for storing spares, bulbs cakes etc.
By RocketRR
Not if you keep getting one lol
Even my lithium battery goes flat after a week or so... at least mybrakes work :shock:
By Cranky
If its anything like the 500 UCE EFI there is a capacitor between pos and neg on the charge side of the regulator. Ive cut mine out..

I really don't know what some of this crap is for and when I cut it out guess what---nothing happens and it runs and charges perfectly.

Perhaps an electrician can explain what a capacitor in such a circuit could be for,--except to drain your battery of course.
By Doug Brown
Yes new too. My two week old bike is doing the same. Fitted new battery did a draw current check after fitting new battery. It seemed only small. A fully charged battery should be 12.7. Volts or there abouts.
Whoever mentioned the fuses thanks . I have a bit of kit from maplins :D that plugs in place of the fuse and reads amps. I am a little annoyed that my dealer can't do it because they are moving premises, but , hey if I'm honest , I love a mystery. ( Toyah singing in background)
By Doug Brown
Fuse number one 25amp (white) is in the charging circuit. I found that if I removed it the battery didn't drain . It must be the reg/rec as when I plugged my maplins amp reader in it shows a parasitical draw of 0.03 amps. In a week that's enough to take battery voltage down to 12.4 which is about 75 % charged . Ambient temperature above 15 degrees and the bike will start but I wouldn't want to leave it much longer. I'll get it sorted when I get the first service. That is when I can ride it :lol:
So in short (pun intended) take out fuse one inbetween rides as a workaround.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001SBPE6U/ ... SFbE99MQ66

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles