This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By knapdog
Bit of a quandary here.
When I bought my March 2018 Classic efi last week it had only done 137 miles in 14 months.
Thunderroad did a first service on it Free.
In other words they probably just changed the oil and filter. They also stamped the book.
As we know, normally the first service is done at 300 miles which would usually come about a month after purchase.
Should I still take it to a Royal Enfield dealer for a Service at 300, 400 or around 500 miles OR actually wait until the next scheduled service around 2000 miles (I think it's around then). I think the nearest Royal Enfield dealer to me is Mount Motorcycles in Port Talbot, about 45 minutes away.
I could, of course, just change the oil and filter myself at 500 miles and again at 1000 miles for peace of mind.
By stinkwheel
It's never wrong to do an extra oil and filter change.

Are you confident everything else that was supposed to be done at a first service was also done? Not sure about your model but that may also include re-torqueing the cylinder head nuts and checking tappets? I know I hired a 500 UCE one last year which only had 6km on it and it was starting to blow a bit of oil round the head gasket when I gave it back.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles