This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Slappy
Good morning all

I am getting close to restarting my new bike that has been dry stored for a number of years, I have replaced all the oil filter parts including the mod kit and all the sump plugs etc, I have read a magazine article that says it's a good idea to put 200ml of oil down the rocker side panel where the rockers are adjusted to prime the quill, does the crankcase require any filling or does this automatically fill once it is up and running or fill when the oil is refilled on the engine, I know it sounds a silly question but I want to make double sure this is the right approach.

Thanks Dave.
By Leon Novello
The crankcase is called (dry sump), any oil in there is pumped back to the oil reservoir, if oil accumulates in there the engine will start blowing smoke from the exhaust pipe. Just fill the oil reservoir until it reaches the top mark on the dipstick then kick the engine over a few times with the spark plug out to circulate the oil and check the oil level again. If it has been standing for years you might have problems with sticking rings, corroded bearings or gummed-up oil lines.
By Slappy
Thanks very much Leon, it was part of a collection, it was the gents display bike, it is very clean, just checking through the engine now

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles