This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By kgdb
Hello, new guy here. I have a 68 Interceptor 750 Series 2 and I was wondering if anyone makes or carries a electronic ignition system for this motor?

Thank You
By RocketRR
Hi yes mine has a Boyer fitted I would give them a call.
I believe Pazon also do a system that fits as well.
The Boyer was easy to fit in my experience and timed up really well.
By kgdb
Thanks for your reply. This morning I had a reply from Boyer, see below. I will see if I can find anything on the Pazon system.

Thank you for your enquiry,
We don't make an ignition kit specifically for this machine but parts can usually be supplied for conversion to Electronic ignition.
Basis of the conversion would be an ignition kit from the unit construction Triumph twin with side points (KIT00052). The kit is for a 12 volt electrical system, if not 12 volts, 12 volt conversion info can be provided.

The original ignition coils can often be used, or 2 new 6 volt coils (COIL00003) can be supplied as an upgrade.

KIT00052 contains our standard magnetic rotor with a male 'Lucas taper' fitting. The supplied stator plate that will replace the contact breaker plate is a 2.7" diameter part. These fittings should be checked on the bike as other alternatives can be supplied (Female taper rotor and 3" stator plate) if required.

Regards,
B.B. Tech.
By kgdb
Rocketry, did the magnetic rotor with Male taper that was supplied in the Boyer Kit00052 fit your Royal Enfield or did you have to get a different magnetic rotor (female taper) from them? Thanks again

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles