This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Charlie bob
Hello it is me again just wondered l have now fitted our host complete silencer free flow header and gold star silencer my thoughts are it has only run for about 30 mins couple of miles on the road and header pipe near lamba Spenser is starting to change colour from chrome to goldie colour is this normal but the bike 2017 b5 bullet sounds and runs fantastic cheers all next job to fit air delet kit all the best charles
By oldnick
Hi Charlie. Thinking of doing the same. Is yours a EuroIV? (mine is). I would think pipe bound to discolour. Look forward to hearing if you get any improvement in performance or any undesirable effects. Any other changes planned?
By Leon Novello
As stated before, normal. Only worry if the pipe turns dark blue; then it could be weak mixture or retarded ignition.
By oldnick
What's the concensus on whether it's worth changing the exhaust system (B5 EuroIV) if you don't intend to do other mods? From previous posts, it seems our host's EFI silencers/front pipe seem to make more noise, are lighter, look better but no significant improvement in performance without other improvements?
By Charlie bob
Just to let you all know mine is a euro4 b5 2017 and our hosts front down pipe and goldstar silencer make the bike sound and look great l would say l get maybe 5 to 8 mph more in top but that is not the point it is to get get rid of that standard silencer also it has not had any effect on ecu they our hosts say you may get a bit of popping on overrun so l am going to fit there air delet kit yours charlie
By bigalfromwigan
What's the story with this "air delet kit"? I ask because my 500 Electra has an aftermarket exhaust and an Amal carb conversion and the only reason I can see for the popping I get on the over-run is there are holes where the silencer is fitted to the downpipe. I plan on filling these holes with exhaust putty which I believe will fix the issue. Or am I wrong? Anybody care to put me right on this?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles