This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By barry.amon
Hi guys may be of use to you if you are fitting LED indicators to your Enfield, I have a 2015 EFI, decided to fit small bright LED indicator units to replace the standard rather large indicators on stalks, first problem was indis taken off had 2 wires replacement indis 3 wires?oh dear wasnt expecting that!!! after fitting the new indis and hours of combinations with the wires I eventually managed to get them working or at least flashing but 4 way flashing like hazzard lights which ever way I switched them? forums on the net said I needed a LED adjustable flasher unit with a resister in which would sort the problem, no it didnt!! then by chance I found somebody that seemed to know about the problem, I was at wits end so I had nothing to loose so I carried out the procedure he suggested and it worked !!!
His suggestion in short is forget all about resisters and flasher units the problem is the speedo tell tail light because it has two live wires going to it and no earth? didnt believe it at first but he was right, when you switch the indis it puts 12v into one wire in the light and 3v into the other wire then alternates when you switch the other way, normal bulbs do not recognize the small 3v only the 12v switching voltage, how ever LEDs recognize voltage as low as 1.5 volts so when fitted the fire all 4 lights!!
To correct this cut one wire from the speedo tell tail and earth it in the headlamp, join the other end you have cut to the other wire then just before each cut sat 2 inches cut both wires and solder 2 DIODEs into the wires ( cost 99p for 10 Ebay), then earth each new LED indi unit individually, only use two wires power in and earth the other and blak off the other wire.
By Exile
Hmm.. lots of "others" there without much clarification.. ends and wires. Any chance of a circuit diagram, even if it's only very basic?
By barry.amon
sorry dont have a diagram, its quite easy snip the two wires leading to the speedo indi green lamp leaving 2 inches take one of the wires on the lamp and earth it, join the remaining 3 wires together, you now have one wire going to the lamp the other wire from the lamp going to earth, the two wires you joined together now need to be cut 2 inches below the wire join and you now need to solder a diode to each of the two wires below the join . you need two 1n4001diodes on ebay 10 for 99p post free. when you have done this each LED indicator needs only one power wire in and one wire to earth any other wires need discarding and blanking off.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles