This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MattyJ
Hi
The Pirelli tyres on my Himalayan are getting quite low. I am now considering replacing them with some Continental Escape tyres. I am wondering if anyone had already fitted some to their Himalayan and what results they have experienced? :geek:
By RocketRR
They look really good and worth a shot at the price for a quality branded tyre.
Don't go for the TKC's unless you are off roading as they spoil the on road manners for sure from my experience. In fact the TKC on road I thought was awful and felt very rough and had limited grip in the damp.
By Big Rob
I replaced my tyres with the Pirelli MT90's. They are a little more aggressive looking than the standard tyres but I couldn't notice this on the road. Done some fairly easy green lanes and they certainly don't limit my ability.
Rob
By OliverMatt
MattyJ wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 pm
Hi
The Pirelli tyres on my Himalayan are getting quite low. I am now considering replacing them with some Continental Escape tyres. I am wondering if anyone had already fitted some to their Himalayan and what results they have experienced? :geek:
I made almost 20k miles with these tires. It's great quality and experience.
By MattyJ
Hi guys

thanks for the replies and the advice. I think I may try the Pirelli MT90s now that BigBob has recommended their on road and off road ability and I like the chunky design. Does anyone know if they fit under the front mudguard OK or do you need a raising kit. :?:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles