This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Rushour
I have had my new 650 Interceptor for some time now and must say that I am over the moon with it and think its amazing value for money, now its all run in and I am pushing it a bit harder I must say that the suspension is a little soft however, has anyone else made any changes to the settings or have any advice / experience / opinion ?
By MartinB
I've only done under 100 miles (had mine a week now)so am taking it easy and so far the suspension is fine todate. Our hosts are already offering Hagon shocks.I've got an old pair on my XBR500 and they are fine.They are also doing harder fork springs and pre load adjusters as you have seen.Think i will get the pre load adjusters first and take it from there.You can always try thicker oil in the forks?Some of the road tests criticised the lack of damping at speed.I have found the seat to be a bit on the hard / underpadded side so i might invest in one of our hosts offerings if they do then in the future.Totally agree on the value for money aspect-they are an absolute bargain compared to all other makes/ models.I think the price of modern bikes is scandalous compared to years ago and i don't think they are worth the money!I also love the relative simplicity of the Enfield.
By Enfield_Vega
I'm about 17stone and have upped the shock preload to the 4th notch. Riding around the Aberdeenshire back roads this has stopped any bottoming out. Apart from that I just let the bike get on with it and look at it as character.
By Rushour
Update : - I have fitted our hosts fork spring pre load adjusters over the weekend and put the rear shocks to second from hardest settings - its very much improved and I am quite happy with the set up now.
By MartinB
Mine's doing over 100 mpg during gentle running in if my calculations are correct!
By Enfield_Vega
Rushour, did the adjusters fit without fouling the bars? I might get a set as am finding the front can bottom out.
By Rushour
Hi all, In answer to previous threads - the fork spring preload adjusters fitted fine and do not foul the handlebars, and now mine is fully run in my bike is averaging 65 MPG ridden in a variety of conditions.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles