This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MartinB
I have just returned to this forum after ordering a new 650 Interceptor having sold my 2009 Bullet EFI several years ago. I was sorry to see the EFI go (it was IMHO a great bike) and am pleased to be back in RE ownership. I don't see too many posts on here about the new bikes and am wondering why that is and also could our hosts confirm they have plans to provide parts and accessories for these models in the future please?
By rustygman
Agreed Martin there is not a lot of activity here. Pretty quiet on the himalayan front as well which has been out a lot longer. Maybe things will pick up but I would politely suggest the demographic on here is predominantly the er, mature bullet owner. I would suggest as new owners get to know their machines and inevitably end up finding out about Hitchcocks they will be nosing around and joining in. In the meantine over on the ADV rider site there is a lot of discussion in Road Warriors section about the twins and in Thumpers a lot of informative discussion about the Himalayan. Our hosts will undoubtedly be developing plenty of goodies for the 650s in the near future. Incidently I tested the 650 myself this week. What a wonderful engine. I will be buying one myself in a couple of years for sure (after the early adopters have done the beta testing for me). Look forward to hearing your review of your new steed.
By Norm
Hi Martin, maybe they are not giving problems so the new owners don't have to come here looking for answers, unlike a few years ago. They might be just out riding them , not spending their time fixing them
By Leon Novello
Yes, I think Norm has got it right. Sooner or later they will start pulling their bikes apart to find out why they are running so well, and start fixing things which aren`t broken until they are broken. Then they will come here to ask why.
By papasmurf
The only niggles I can find with an internet search mainly involve the "fit" of the bike. Given the big variation in height, reach, and inside leg measurements of the human body, that is a problem most bikes have.
The only bike I have ever owned that needed no alteration to fit me was a Yamaha Radian.
By Chris [Stockport]
Just come back from a test ride on an Interceptor. Basically everything good they say in the videos. Position was no problem for me, I'm 5' 8".
By MartinB
Thanks to posters....I'm, struggling to post a reply for some reason?This is the third attempt!I didn't notice any problems with the riding position when i took my test ride (I,m about 5' 11") but did see the criticism when I searched the 'net for potential problems with the bike.I found all the controls "fell nicely to hand" and the engine was characterful without undue vibration. It's lightish in weight so easy to manoeuvre in all situations,has ample power ,handles well (although MCN type modern testers criticise the handling at speed-missing the point of the bike somewhat but i suppose as it's aimed at younger riders they may have something-but i'm sure it will be fine for most of us).If I have one criticism it's a bit lacking in power but hopefully our hosts will be developing some upgrades. It seems to be a lot lighter than a Hinckley twin and the price is extremely competitive.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles