This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MartinB
Well i've been out for my second run today and all went well. I'm keeping to the quiet country lanes while running in which is where I used to ride my Bullet EFI. Got to re-learn how to chill out .Already thinking about which of our hosts upgrades I can fit....
By Ray.F
I know of two instances where the right side cover fell off. One was recovered and the owner seems to think that the steel locknut securing the lock had been overtightened resulting in the plastic thread of the lock's barrel cracking.
By MartinB
Hmmmmmm. I've had a look at mine and they seem similar to ones one my Bullet Electra / EFI. Quite fiddly to fit.If it does fall off hopefully a warranty claim can be made.
By Rushour
Hi Martin, If you follow this link : http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycle ... ccessories
This shows you all the parts etc which our hosts have in - I spoke to them yesterday and they have lots in production - Racks, pannier frames, crashbars, silencers - all the stuff we need and should be in stock very soon. They do some front fork pre - load adjusters which interest me as my forks do need a bit more pre-load on them - I have adjusted the rear shocks and they are much better now.
By MartinB
Yes I got a message from our hosts with a link to what parts are being prepared currently. Re running in i'm limitting my first 100 miles to 3000 rpm,then the next 400 to 4000 and the following 500 to 6000. The book says first 500 to 4000 and then the next 500 to 6000. I'm just being ultra cautious really. I know from past experience the trick is not to overload or stress the motor,to vary engine speed and the book also says not to use the engine for more than an hour at a time which i will adhere to.It's a question of giving the motor more work to do gradually and then of course not going mad immediately after the initial break in period. I don't think engines need running in as they used to with modern metallurgy and lubricants it's not really necessary but I like to think I'm mechanically sympathetic! The cycle parts also need a little running in too. Gives me an excuse to chill out down the local back roads of Worcestershire!
By Enfield_Vega
Anyone got the details of the breakdown cover yet? I've had nothing from the importer and the dealer doesn't have info on either the provider or an emergency number and this 3 months after registration!
By MartinB
No my dealer is very cagey about the cover. He's supposedly waiting for the info which he says he will let me have but i won't hold my breath. Luckily I already have cover with my Carole Nash policy anyway. By the way i think my earlier running in MPG figure may have been way out as my next tankful gave about 65 MPG which i'm still happy with but I have started to use a bit more of the available performance.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles