This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Daiwiskers
Further to what I said before if you are going from the ignition switch to the Point's when they close you will have a dead short! And have been lucky that it hasn't caught fire

So to rerun through what I said battery + to ignition switch then to the + coil connection then the - coil connection goes to the Point's

Hope this helps Dai
By vince
Hi, I agree with daiwisker , battery, switch,coil,points. With only one terminal at the distributor how have you wired battery, switch, points,coil?Vince
By Daiwiskers
vince wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm
Hi, I agree with daiwisker , battery, switch,coil,points. With only one terminal at the distributor how have you wired battery, switch, points,coil?Vince
I think he has wired power to the points nut and bolt then gone back to the coil with the black and white wire

How he has spark and not flame I don't know

I may be totally wrong of course Dai
By schoschi12
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm very embarrassed to admit that it only was a temporary voltage drop, the battery didn't really discharge.
Another, similarly embarrassing question however is the following:
What does this switch do?

The push button is probably the horn, but the switch doesn't seem to be a kill switch, so what then?
It's on an indian market bullet 350 from 1991.
Anyone who can help me with this?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles