This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Creaky45
I recently bought an Interceptor 650 and it has had its first service. I told the service people I wanted to install a gear position indicator and would that be a problem with warranty. I have installed them before on previous bikes and find them very useful. I was told that would be ok. They connect via 4 wires. Pos and Neg, a tapping from the speed sensor and a tapping from the wire to the tacho. I notice in the headlight a 2 wire connector for future accessories which has positive and negative via the ignition switch. Also looking at the circuit diagram does anyone know which is the tacho wire? I see the speed sensor wire is marked L-W. The gear indicator I will use is a well made brand called Glpro-X made by HealTech. Note, This is a great bike and is everything I expected it to be so don't take any notice of some of the negative comments popping up on Youtube.
By Jamesy
I would have thought if your gear shift indicator is fitted by a Enfield technician you are covered but if it's fitted by you then the liability of related problems lies with you.
By Creaky45
Jamesy, The bloke said it would be ok but I might get that in writing. I did write to Royal Enfield in Australia but so far no reply. If a fault developed in the electrics they could blame me I know. These devices are simple. They just sample a signal from the speedo and tacho and work it out from there. Very clever. Besides, have you ever tried to explain electrics to a motor bike mechanic. I would have to show them which wires to tap off.
By Presto
Owners' book says 'Warranty will become void by 'use of non genuine Royal Enfield parts' and 'unauthorised alterations to any part of the motorcycles' and 'use of accessories not supplied by Royal Enfield'. Clear enough it seems.

By james283
Interceptor 650 is the best retro classic bike in its segment. The interceptor is also the only bike with a twin cylinder engine that has a price under 3 lakhs (read more ). I was looking to buy one but the waiting list near my showroom is full. So, now i am looking at other options like the Duke 390 and the Ninja 300.
By Nicolas
@CREAKY45
Hello, did you finally succeeded in installing the Healtech gear indicator? If so i would be glad to get some infos since i also planned to buy one.
Thank you
regards

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles