This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587

Hi Matt - The fill up quantity of OO grease is 700 grams so you shoud have enough. I assembled my box 'dry' and added the grease by warming it up to a liquid. However if you use this method don't use a plastic funnel as you'll melt it! On the plus side you'll be able to use the level plug to get the right quantity in there.

I see you're going to buy a manual to re-assemble your box. That's fine but just bear in mind that it says 're-assembly is the reverse of dismantling', but a whole chunk is missing from the dismantling procedure. However if you've got this far I'm sure you'll be fine. The manual does give some good tips on making sure everything is OK.

Good luck!

Tony R 

I got the cluster in my box from an old albion box that had come of a rail jigger (the little two man device you see in Laurel and Hardy movies but not in this case operated by hand). They obviously operated it without resort to a clutch because whilst the teeth were mint the dogs were poked. I thought about attempting to build them up with stelite rod but decided after practise showed that with care all changes can be made effectively to leave it all alone. I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried building up worn dogs with stelite though.
The new shaft went in fine after work last night. The gear box is rebuilt. I leaned the bike on it's side, put as much grease in as I could and then fitted the end cover with a new gasket. By then it was time to call it a day. Today I'm going to build up the controls and play with adjustment (I'm disapointed that it gives little to no info on this in the manual.) Hopefully this afternoon we'll go for a test ride!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles