This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By jefrs
I have the EFI Classic 2014/15 with the solo and stock pillion seat. My wife finds the pillion uncomfortable as not wide enough. It is not wide enough, it wants another pilot's wide solo seat back there for her, shortened nose maybe.

I have removed and replaced the solo seat springs with very solid steel brackets, front fitted by usual 'dual seat' tongue, centre (rubber bush) bracket modified to clear the seat. The ride is much more comfortable for me. Rear shocks on second from softest setting. Rides are anything from 5 miles to 50+miles on rough lanes, no problems. The solo seat springs pogo, constant bouncing and wallowing is uncomfortable, very little feel of the road, disconnected.

Two-up with rear shocks up to 4 or 5 doesn't bottom out with my own 15-stone and wife about the same aboard. Wouldn't like to do a long run but 20+miles is ok.
By jefrs
pd110961 & think tank - I've had the seats on and off so many times I think I know where you're going with fitting a solo seat to the rear. I think it is well do-able onto the Classic's subframe/rack for the stock pillion seat (also used for a rack). That subframe makes it similar to the Bullet/Electra, I was able to fit Electra pannier frames to it. The pillion pad is fitted by four bolts to it. The C5 solo seat has four captive studs to which one can fit various ironmongery wherever, a bit of drilling. Cosmetically the nose might want shortening to line up with the front seat but that's unpeel some glue and use tinsnips.
By jefrs
Gel pads? - never found they worked. The stock seat have plenty of nice foam. Problem is the ischial tuberosities, the sit bone aren't supported. Sitting on ones coccyx hurts and the hips are not supported.
By jefrs
Dual seat 91435 I have tried. It does fit but the front is even higher than the solo seat. The rear is no wider or not as wide as the C5's stock pillion, the padding is no better. The white piping doesn't suit my bike. It went back to H :(
By jefrs
Gwilly - the adjustable gas shocks on the C5 are pretty good. We can't get them to bottom out with 30+stone sitting on them. Solo I have then on nearly the softest setting with my 15-stone. I may notice a thud as the dampers do their job on a big pothole I couldn't avoid but some of my lanes have 20 yards of tarmac missing, a stream running down it and grass growing up the middle. There's probably better shocks but these are more than adequate.
By Presto
I’ll stand (or sit!) by the 91435 dual seat as being one of the most comfortable, if not THE most comfortable, dual seat for the Bullet, or for any Enfield for that matter. But of course the comfort of any dual seat depends to a large degree on the weight, height, shape, and statistics of the rider and pillion.
By jefrs
I have no doubt the 91435 dual seat is comfortable but it is no thicker nor wider at the rear than the C5's admittedly very good solo and pillion. One of the reasons I got the Classic rather than the Bullet or any other bike for that matter is that the seat could be lowered for my 27-in inside leg, 91435 had me on tiptoe. If I put that tall back rest on, or a top box, I would not get my leg over the bike, I'm not that flexible now.

I was pleasantly surprised that replacing the solo seat springs not only lowered it but made it more comfortable to ride. The same would probably happen with the dual seat 91435, if you have longer legs. 91435 is well made however my bike is silver-grey and black, there's no white on it and the very white piping stood out like a sore thumb.
By pd110961
thanks for the feedback guys..i think it's sorted for now with the airhawk and backrest, but time (and miles) will tell
By pd110961
back to the drawing board.. 35 mile trip did not work well.. see other thread as I'm now doing some serious bodging fitting a front seat to the back. I may need to BUY a front seat, if this works, anone got one sitting on a shelf doing nothing?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles