This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By pd110961
Hi all.. bit of help needed. I have a 2015 classic 500, with the dual seats. on the first run the mrs thought the pillion seat was rather uncomfy, especially compared to the dual seat that we had on out 2006 Bullet. So.. I sent both seats off for refoaming and gel inserts. They came back, looking great etc. So.. on sunday we had a run to Matlock Bath, 20 miles, and she was almost in tears! no improvement what so ever.

I have an airhawk seat cover in the garage , so that's the next option to try.. if THAT fails. has anyone tried the Hitchcocks seat ref 91435, the dual seat that fits my bike?

By Gwilly
Are you sure its not better quality rear shocks needed, Maybe bottoming out (pun) with two up.. Poor lady.
By Presto
My experience of the EFI Classic seating, as neat as it looks, is that it is excruciating after 50 miles and not very comfortable after a lot less than that distance – that’s as a rider; I guess for the pillion, on the pillion pad, it must be worse. The Redditch style dual seat 91435 is an entirely different proposition – my earliest ever ride on any Enfield was as a pillion on that style of seat (on an Airflow Crusader). In my opinion it gives as comfortable a ride as any seat on an Enfield.
By Trev
Good shout on the shocks, I'm a 'healthy' 16 stone fully clad and even though my wife is gym bunny slim the standard shocks are terrible two up. I swapped them for a pair of gas shocks from TEC, can't believe the improvement in comfort and handling for only £90 + the ability to raise rear ride height if you want. So impressed I bought a second pair for my Suzuki X7 and same great service and quality.
http://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/a ... ble-length
By pd110961
the shocks are on the softest setting.. will try firming them up for next time. has anyone actually GOT the Hitchcocks seat on a bike of theirs?
By pd110961
chatting at our bike club last night re this.. just an idea.. has anyone mounted a classic FRONT seat at the REAR? it cant be rocket science to make up some brackets etc to make it mount onto the existing rear seat subframe.
By pd110961
I've seen that before.. but the modern 'classic' has a subframe that the pillion seat bolts onto, not the rack.
By pd110961
Hopefully now got this sorted.. I have attached an Airhawk 2 seat cover, whish I've had for ages.. took the Mrs out a few miles on it and, with a little adjustment of the air in the seat, its now a good ride. she then said it would make her feel even better if it had a back rest.. my other 2 bikes both have top boxes.. wracked the brain a little and remembered that I had a genuine triumph back rest that came with the Bonnie! so.. 2 hours later in the garage, brackets made, looks good! photos to follow!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles