This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Craig

Ok an E-Bay Tease (No its Not My Bike) :160734432408

From Forward Faceing Carb To Multi Breaters & Filters Are thease Mods' worth Doing?? Some (Carb) Seem well done Others Dont...

"But on a Quite Night" This Much ere? Mangled Example Might raise a Few Thoughts???

ME, No Keep um standard as Ganish intented etc....

Why a Breather on the Primary Though?

Cheers All Craig

ROYAL ENFIELD 350 INDIA BULLET 1993 taxed and tested

By neddy
Unless the engine is highly modified all a waste of time, looks like the owner is trying to solve some problems they have which he cant figure out.
By Alan R
Well done Craig----you've made my day !! I've been stuck indoors for 10 days wiv this damm flu and no riding done. I can't stop laughing, I can't---honest. What gets me is it's on e-bay as a serious auction item----It's on my watch list, that's for sure. It's as if a heavyweight wrestler has done a head-lock on it.  I know of a Mobylette moped design from the 1970's that had the same wrap around inlet tract and "remote" carb.but not quite like this.  I'm not surprised that it "smokes a bit when it starts up "------ what does surprise me is that it starts at all !!.  I particularly appreciate the very low-profile yellow air line breather. Do some crank cases vent into the primary first , thence via a pipe to the chain ?? We ought to get our hosts to buy it as a "museum of inginuity" piece.    It might well be Norm's long-lost Bush walk-about model ??? You'd need a few tinnies of the amber nectar to brave it in public.  I wonder what the insurance people think ?? Cheers Craig, once again. What a mixed bunch we Enfield lads are !!
By Craig

I Do remember a Triumph Mod,Back in the 70's of Putting the Carb on the Front & Exhurst on the Rear for that TURBO Forced Air effect??

BUt: on this Would It work?...Yes a Good Conversaisonal Pice..

Good Night all Will catch up tomorrow... Craig-

By Durham Tim

I've seen this bike several times in the last year or so at the Washington, Tyne & Wear bike meet and spoken to the owner on several occasions, too!!

(I'm a bit confused about the address of the vendor being in Bishop Auckland, as the guy I spoke to last Autumn lived near Washington. Perhaps he sold it and the new owner has decided to sell on?).

Anyhow, I can only speak as I find, but the guy I spoke to who did all the mods, works in the motor trade as a mechanic and also drives an old Ford Popular which I've also seen. He started to tell me everything else he'd done to the bike, in addition to the reversed carb and I can only say he seemed to know his stuff!

I once followed him away from the meet, and he left me for dead on my standard 350 Bullet! I can confirm I have no interest in promoting this sale, however....

PERHAPS YOU CAN'T ALWAYS JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER???

By Alan R
Hello Craig and Durham Tim------------- yes you're quite right about the ownership. Last night I phoned the chap selling it and he is in Bishop Auckland having bought the bike only last week. He knew nothing about the tech. details but thought the previous owner did a bit of trial or off-road work. Once you get over the initial shock of its looks you can see it is a standard bike except for the carb. on that curved inlet. The silencer looks like Mr. H's trials one ---- very noisy for everyday road work I found. As you rightly say---- books, covers etc. But isn't that one of the great things about the dear, old Enfield ?? They are as different and as individual as their owners. And long may it be so too----
By Craig
Yes Hence My Podt:

Pig's Ear or silk Purse?

Its daft enough for me to Like, But Some thing Dont Gell Quite right?

Hence the TECH Question :

Carb I can Understand But Why Not Reverse The Head?

Primary Vent?? Its Not Seald anyway so why??

Engine Breather & Filter on an Old 93 Bike WHY...

Not Knocking, Just Thought itwas worth a Comment or 2..??

Hey Alan R, I am Off with Flu To, Coughed & Pulled a Mussle in my Shoulder Fer**ng Ag**...

So Any  Enfielding of Intrest...   Cheers All Craig

By John R

The trouble with reversing the carb, is that if you do indeed get any increased airflow as you speed up, it will be negated because the pressure in the venturi will exceed atmospheric, and petrol will not flow through the jets.That's why turbos suck throughcarbs rather than blow in to them. Carbs in front of engines sometimes have a shield to prevent this, perhaps the conical filter does the job here?

The owner of this bike might be hoping for the velocity stack effect discussed at previous times on this board. Perhaps placing the carb where it is is intended to encourage a more constant flow through it?

I have no idea what's with the breathers, but I can see some sense in the inlet thing. 

By Midge

12 owners in 9 years - says it all really! All of them named Mr D I Yowner.

I would have it for spares at half the price but not for a daily rider or even a project.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles