This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MadMike

John, I can't wait any longer. Spill the beans.....pretty please.

Did you do the helicoiling? If you did was it a success? What's happened? Do tell.

By Alan R
Yeah--C'mon on man-----the suspenders are killing us !!  PS Is Norm with you by any chance !!
By John R
Patience my friends. We Channel Islanders can't just nip down to a nearby shop or the next large town when we need stuff. I have been waiting for drillbits and some Whitworth nuts to sail the seven seas. However, they have arrived now: I will attempt the helicoil this afternoon and let you guys know how I get on.
By Dennis C
One little tip John when drilling it if using a power drill run it backwards and be paitient or it will grab and damage the hole.
By John R
There we are now all done, and tight as you like. Now, admit it, you guys were waiting for me to say I've made a mess of it weren't you?
By John R
One thing worth noting, the tool has that little colour that I referred to. In fact using a grub screw you can adjust the collar further up the tool so it lets you put the insert right down into the hole where it's needed.
By Alan R
Hello John R----------no mate, we're about helping each other on this site. Of course we take the --ss now and then but we're all genuinely pleased to see you get the job done. I'd like to second MadMike's comments as well. 
By John R
And I'm most grateful for all the advice on this thread! Next job is replacing the main bearings (and probably a lot more besides). I've done that before- on a Bantam! So I expect you will be hearing from me....

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles