This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Alan R
Hello again guys---Have been doing some "Googling" and found this }------------www.dunlopmotorcycle.eu   and look for the ending Dunlop Motorcycle-Tyre Care     --------(-sorry, I dont know how to do a link )---  The 1st paragraph starts off }---Front and rear tyre matching-----------. It covers all you need to know.  Incidentally my Honda has MT rims, not WM. Anyway, do have a look.
By ChrisD

Guys

Thanks for
the great advice about all the choices available to you all.  In South Africa we don’t have that
choice.  If I wish to import a tyre, I
will pay GBP98 postage then 14% duty on tyre+postage so the landed cost will be
way over 200 pounds!  That’s why we take
what we can get (my new set of Tourance for my F650 cost GBP230).

I am
pleased to hear the comment about the inside of the tubeless tyres – will follow
that up.

Alan R. 
Thanks for your comments on the Dunlop site – I eventually found the
one-line statement that says, With a
tube inserted, a tubeless tyre may be fitted to a tube-type wheel.
 Any internet search is tedious here because internet
linkage (ADSL Broadband) here is generally VERY slow, usually 2-10Kbytes/second
but I have often seen it at single digit bytes/second!  Dropout is common. 

What other
tyres are suitable for the Bullet front and back (19”, WM rims) that still have
a classic pattern?   Note that Avon, Dunlop, Continental, Barum,
Mitas all unavailable here for classic bikes and especially the 19” sizes,
hence the focus on Metzeler.  Even cheap
chinese tyres (Duro, Cheng shin, other crap) are not available here in that
size.  Cheers, ChrisD

By Alan R
Hello again ChrisD----I've had a look on Pirelli's motorcycle tyre site but they don't do anything in 19". Do you have friends/relations here in the UK who could send you a "Gift" ?? Use PayPal cash transfer. Are there any other Brave-Bulleteers nearby?? Owners club ?? Where do they source their rubber from ?? Other bike makes that use 3.50 x 19 ??? What's on the front at the moment---you need to consider a reasonable balance. Just some ideas for you---
By simon

I've got Pirelli's front and back on the bitza. MT80's i think they are called. They are Universal pattern front tyres but I've put them on front and back. They wear a bit quick on the back but I bought about ten of them brand new for $2.50 each off our version of Ebay. They came from a country based Honda shop who's clients wanted full knobblies not universals. They stick to the road like shit to a blanket and if i have to change the back every 5000kms at $2.50 a pop I'll do it gladly. Sorry a bit of an off topic rant but yes Pirelli make 350 19"s 

By Alan R
Hi Simon----- thanks for that good info. I think Chris D was after a "Classic-look" tyre whilst the MT80's are more of an Enduro or Trail type. Mind you, at $2.50 (or at £2.50) I'll take some of those as well !!!!! . I think my Google search must have ben on UK only setting as it was a Pirelli Motorcycle Tyre site that came up. Ah well, no matter. Where are you in the world ?? SUNNY California, I'll bet. Have a nice day---------- Cheers.
By ChrisD

Hi Guys, I can order Metzeler ME11 tubeless tryes in the size I need.  My only concern was to use such a tyre on my WM rim with a tube.  Apparently that's OK providing I use plenty of french chalk so the tube doesn't abrade on the inside of the tyre.  French chalk - where would I get that, from a dance floor???  Guess I'll use the wife's talc and live with the lavender.

Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers, ChrisD from Cape Town (that's South Africa).

By Alan R
Hi ChrisD----as of five minutes ago I rang Watsonian Squire (01386-700907, the UK importers of RE ) and asked the question direct to them-----Answer}-----" originally we fitted Avon Super Venoms, now we use Avon RoadRiders ( both tubeless ) and use an ordinary 19" tube. Yes, it's perfectly ok to do this, even with the WM rim "  There you are matey, straight from the horses mouth, as it were. Fit and use with confidence. Lavender flavour eh?? You'll get some funny looks from the Harley guys ------------- Ho-ho. Best regards 
By simon

No Alan further south than that in New Zealand. Pirelli do make a traditional block tread tyre although I can't remember the designation. Interestingly the MT80's actually don't look too bad and more iimportantly the do stick to the road.

By Alan R
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH SIMON, you lucky devil !! That's motorcycle riding Nirvana matey. Oh boo-hoo-hoo. I'm G-R-E-E-N with envy. And on a Bullet ?? Double whammy.  Joyce and I have just watched some programmes on the telly with Billy Connolley riding a trike all over the place with nothing but green mountains and sheep ---sort of like a giant version of Wales really and some guy on a Harley soft-tail putting in a 1000 mile holiday and meeting all the local bikers etc. He even went on that giant bungy-jump that also swings accross a big valley ?? NICE :) Ah well--- have a nice day !!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles