This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Meteorstorm
This works on the Meteor,you can substitute the 2 disc breather below the left barrel with latter type (straight swap) which will take a 1/2" hose,run that up under seat with a one way valve into an Indian breather can and outlet run to the rear guard.Block the crankshaft breather. That gives negative crank pressure and with some luck outlet hose will stay dry,but usually will eject oil if it wet sumps.
By Jakub
Vince2 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:45 pm
Hi, does your oil tank cap have a hole in it? Vince
Nope. There is small diameter pipe inside located directly below the cap. When running there is huge amount of oil coming. Opening the cap with engine running can be really surprising.
By Jakub
Rasp wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:00 pm
Jakub, thanks for the tip about the EPDM foam rubber seal. I ordered 7mm diameter, easy to fit and a perfect seal.
Rasp
Actually I am using 6mm string. Please let me know if 7mm works, the more, the merrier :D
By Jakub
Meteorstorm wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:24 pm
This works on the Meteor,you can substitute the 2 disc breather below the left barrel with latter type (straight swap) which will take a 1/2" hose,run that up under seat with a one way valve into an Indian breather can and outlet run to the rear guard.Block the crankshaft breather. That gives negative crank pressure and with some luck outlet hose will stay dry,but usually will eject oil if it wet sumps.

Sort of did that on the Constellation, instead od Indian Breather I've used one way valve, pictured below.
Now, when just slowly cruising, admiring the surroundings it works fine, but if bike is driven slightly more enthusiastically it's definitely not up to modern environmental standards.
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (30.52 KiB) Viewed 71622 times
By Rasp
Jakub,
The 7mm EPDM has worked perfectly so far. It easily pushed into the groove in the inner case and stayed in place. I cut the seal about 20mm too long, it could be compressed so that the ends could be butted together, at the top, under a bit of pressure.
Rasp
By Jakub
Vince2 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am
Hi, that is the return pipe to the tank , I'm referring to the actual cap which should have a small hole on the top to vent the tank. Vince
There is no hole in the cap.
By Vince2
Hi, if there is no vent to the oil tank then pressure will build up. Even worse if bigger pumps are fitted. Plus you have the engine breather dumping into the tank. Eventually the pressure will get to the point where the oil will stop returning and wet sump. Try removing the cap and tie a plastic bag over opening start the engine and see how quick the bag expands! Vince
By Jakub
Good idea. Will do. Also I got three one valves pictured above, going to use them in different places will se how it goes. Preliminary activities point to blocked one way valves just below cylinder. Replaced them with older design outlet.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles