This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Despite me cutting the screen down on my Himalayan I still get a lot of wind turbulence from it.

I was out yesterday on a dead calm day and got fed up with the buffeting so I have now removed it all together - so much better, but it does not look quite right without the screen.

Has anyone fitted one of the higher screens with success - reason for asking is that they are not cheap soo dont want to waste money on it if it does not solve the problem.
By Andy C
I should add that I when I cut down the screen it greatly reduced the buffeting, but after recent rides I find it is still there albeit nowhere near as bad.

I have 3 other bikes which are "naked" and none of them give me the buffeting that the Him does.

Going to be riding it minus the screen for the time being - might just cut the screen down further just to give the clocks a bit of protection, but I am fed up with the buffeting.

Apart from that having done nearly 10,000 miles no other complaints - well none that have not been fixed !!
By Trev
I've fitted one of Hitchcocks shorty screens precisely as got too much buffeting from the standard screen and I use an open face helmet. IT works a treat with near naked bike airflow onto my lower chest instead of my face. No idea why such a low powered bike needs a screen anyway
By Classic 350
I had the same problem on a previous Triumph Bonnie the factory summer screen was awful, terrible buffering. Took it off and rode from uk to Prague with nothing with no problems. I did fit a fly screen to another triumph and that worked OK.
By Andy C
Decided I will just chop it down to give the instruments a bit of protection from the elements.

Went out again tonight, a pleasure not to have the buffeting.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles