This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Kally
Hello there, I have recently replaced the old large "Bling" indicators on my 2003 Indian built 500 Bullet. Normally I am ok with a bit of basic wiring but no mater what they wont wink! I have since noticed the the original bulbs are 12v-10w and the ones in the new indicators are 12-5w could this cause my problem of them staying on when I operate the switch but not winking? all help appreciated, regards Kally

ps: the new bulbs are the tiny ones much smaller
By Chris [Stockport]
The old ones worked well with 10w.

If that's the only electrical change you have made (I know the "housing" is different)... then try again with the exact same, ie 10w.... [not 5w]
By papasmurf
Kally wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:36 pm
Hello there, I have recently replaced the old large "Bling" indicators on my 2003 Indian built 500 Bullet. Normally I am ok with a bit of basic wiring but no mater what they wont wink! I have since noticed the the original bulbs are 12v-10w and the ones in the new indicators are 12-5w could this cause my problem of them staying on when I operate the switch but not winking? all help appreciated, regards Kally

ps: the new bulbs are the tiny ones much smaller
If they are LEDs you need an extra component for the flasher to work.
By stinkwheel
Underloading an electromechanical flasher relay will usually make it flash more rapidly.

However, if they are lighting up but not flashing, you almost certainly want an electronic flasher relay which doesn't care about the current load as suggested by tjupille. You'll probably want a 2-pin one though for an iron barrel bullet.

Cheaper ones are available but this is a high quality item from a reputable supplier: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184394397325
By Daiwiskers
This may hurt but I feel it has to be said

5W for indicators I really don't think is enough

There's enough trouble being seen by half blind people with 21W indicators let alone 5W

It's your safety think about it, if you decide to keep the 5W one's back up with hand signals

Sorry folks rant over
Take care out there Dai
By Daiwiskers
Too late to edit

Of course if they are LED 5w would be bright enough

If they are LED you will need a new flasher unit

Cheers Dai
By Kally
Thanks for the replies and concern. I have decided to go down the flasher unit rout which begs the question does anyone know were it is located? I still have the headlamp out after connecting the front indicators and can not see it, could it be under the seat? I will check in the morning as I am working outside at the mo (bit dark) appreciate the help in anticipation lol, regards Kally

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles