This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Justin
Humm, well the flashing light is inside the speedo, I could try and disconnect a wire to it to see if that sorts it. I've also looked for worn wires but not found any... yet.
By stinkwheel
I'd try disconnecting both wires from the repeater bulb. They should be attached to a bulb holder that just pushes up into the back of the speedo which should pull out relatively easily.
By Justin
I removed the bulb and separated the wires in the holder so there was no short. No luck. By the way, the repeater relay makes a horrid noise for the right turn, no lights, thing.
By Justin
Well, I guess I know where I am now after the investigations and help here.
A short circuit on the right hand side.
I expect I shall just have to work through every wire and connector on the right side and see if I can find the issue.
Wear is unlikely as the bike has a genuine 150 miles on the clock.
By stinkwheel
Justin wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:03 pm
Wear is unlikely as the bike has a genuine 150 miles on the clock.
That depends if someone assembled it in such a way as something could quickly or easily wear. I wouldn't discount the possability of a wire being trapped or rubbed somewhere right from the factory.
By Justin
Well, I have disconnected the rear light connector. Bypassed the blinker relay.
The short circuit is still happening. The left indicator comes on but the short circuit still happens on right.
If I disconnect the black and green wire behind the headlight the short circuit stops.
On investigation of the wires back to the middle I don't find anything obvious.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles